Wednesday 16 March 2011

getting there

Will have to take a couple of pictures soon! recovered the seat with black vinyl, as I am leaving the paint alone or I will never get on the road this year. Drained the flushing oil out and going to put copper pipes on, but having a bit of a problem with the bending of. Cheap bender broke so got a better one but that seems to flatten the pipe at a 90 deg bend, tried all variations with some odd pipe but no matter how I tried still flattened the bend! I am going to have a go at it using an internal bending spring which should sort it, I need to bend the pipe so that it goes around the battery then under the chassis into the rubber pipe so about 3 90's. I was hoping to spiral one of the pipes but I think I will have run out of pipe practicing! Still there's always this winter! Once they are sorted rear wheel off sort the battery holder and widen the chain/frame clearance. Oh yeah repainted the rear mudguard and the new indicators, having broken one of them! so that is ready for re-mounting.

No comments: