Sunday 10 April 2011

Another step towards the road!

Bracket made for speedo, spent about an hour pondering and decided that the bracket needed to be on the top yoke big enough to be seen over the bars, which would free them up to drill between the risers to allow the wiring to come thru the bar bottom and onto the frame. No big deal except that I hadn't tapped(?)  a thread before and only had one chance at getting it right or I would bollox up the yoke (expensive mistake!) so took almost as long as the decision to do it! but it worked out and I am pleased with the result sits nicely just behind the bars.

 Speedo in place, also doesn't look as busy with it in that position


 View from the back, still not happy with seat needs to be smaller, one thing that was wrong but couldn't make out what it was, the gap between seat and mudguard is fairly large because of the drop off to rear axle. It wasn't till I posted on Quadcambastards that it was pointed out! need  a sprung seat as my back will not take no suspension at all... so I reckon a smaller seat and a tool bag slung below seat should make use of the gap! only problem is my old tool bag finally fell to bits having spent 10 yrs slung on the bottom of the frame at the front!

No comments: