Saturday 19 February 2011



Got started on the electrics today, I have about 4 different wiring diagrams that each show different ways of doing the job, little consolation!
 I have to get this bit right and it worries me that I might knacker something so treading very carefully! All wiring is temporary and on the long side so it looks a mess, I have kept all the old wiring which I have found helps as well. First problem was there is three terminals on the starter but could I find the third after much hunting and looking through the manual I finally found it, a spade terminal UNDER the starter solenoid! which attaching was fun consisting of a torch, long nose pliers and patience! why would you put a terminal under something that has about 1" between it and the engine and in complete darkness? Anyway that sorted I found the starter relay and the 30amp circuit breaker and wired them in. So far so good I now just have to run the live feed from the battery but in the right place. I have sorted the VOES and where to mount it just need to run the Hi4 ignition wire to it and ground it. 


Next job is run the live feed from battery hook up the Hi4 and VOES and see if the old gal will run. This is major hurdle for me as wiring lights,horn and indicators are simple and the worst that can happen is a blown fuse. Oh yes and sort a multi point earth or fuses will blow!

No comments: